First of all, I'd like to give a big "thank you" to everyone who has left positive comments or sent me emails on my projects. Tomorrow will be one week since I officially posted my first design and I have been very humbled by all the talented women who have given of their time to stop and leave me a comment. To have people from literally all over the world see my items and like them is unbelievably satisfying and exciting.
I have been extremely busy today with other things so I have not had a chance to design anything new for the blog. I volunteered to do a bulletin board for my daughter's Reading teacher. She was a teacher of mine, and I must say one of my favorites. So, today I put MTC to work for me doing a hinge technique to cut out some rainbows and I also made some of my "little pots of gold", in flat form, to use. I will be assembling the bulletin board tomorrow and I hope to get some pictures to post on here. I also got an order for some items that I did at a holiday craft show last year that I needed to complete for delilvery tomorrow.
I hope to be back at my crafting table sometime late tomorrow and with any luck my creative juices will flow and I will have another free MTC / SVG file for you shortly. Again, thank you to all who have stopped in my little part of cyberspace and left me a compliment and/or decided to follow me on my crafting adventure.
Until next time,
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
This weeks challenge was to create a box with a lid using our Cricut and if possible our Make the Cut program. I have thought and thought all week about what I wanted to do. I did quite a few boxes for my craft shows this past holiday season so I wanted to do something a little more challenging and unique. I did need to use Inkscape, which I am very clumsy with, to do the fence and bird. This was the most difficult item I've made but I am oh so happy with it.
I'm not posting a link directly on the blog as it is 2 files. I will be happy to share it with you if you would like it though. Since I did put so much work into I'm only going to ask a few small favors in return for me sending the files to you. 1. Leave a comment with your email so I know where to send it 2. Become a follower of my blog. If you don't feel comfortable leaving your email on the blog you can send it to me in a private email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter grass would look best inside the box but seeing as it is 1:00 am here and I have no grass on hand, I had to use tissue paper. But, I was so excited to share it with you all that tissue paper had to do for tonight. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Until next time,
I want to say thank you to Lee Ann from http://craftysideofme.blogspot.com/ She just sent me my very first award!! I was completely shocked by this when I read over my comments this morning. As you all may know, I am a total newbie to the papercraft world and this has just motivated me to continue to work hard and be creative for all of you. I truly do enjoy it and am becoming addicted at alarmingly fast rate. Thank you again, Lee Ann, and if any of you haven't checked out her blog you need to!
Part of the award is to share 7 things about myself... so here we go:
1. I am married to a federal police officer who works countless hours so I can be at home for our kids.
2. I have a 15 year old son who is handsome, artistic, musically gifted and just an all around great boy!
3. I have a 13 year old daughter who is beautiful inside and out, academically gifted and witty as can be!
4. I love, love, love to talk and have been known to be on the phone through the entire night.
5. I have a standard poodle, Chanel, who is constantly by my side.
6. I love to read and have become a fan of young adult fiction, as I read most everything first that my daughter wants to read.
7. I love God, Family and Country. (God Bless our troops!)
The 2nd part of the award is to give this to 15 others. Here are my 15:
1. Robin at http://www.mypinkstamper.com/
2. Trina at http://idreamofpapers.net/default.aspx
3. Angie at www.mychicnscratch.com/
4. Kay at http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/
5. Jennifer at http://jennifermcguireink.typepad.com/my_weblog/
6. Joy at http://www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.com/
7. Megan at http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/
9. Amy http://scrappinstyle.blogspot.com/
10. Penny at http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com/ an amazing talent!!
11. Mel at http://melstampz.blogspot.com/
12. Laurie at http://lauriefurnell.blogspot.com/
13. Amy at http://aimitup.blogspot.com/
14. Stephanie at http://scrapncreations.com/blog/
15. Lynne at http://paperyoga.blogspot.com/
Congratulations to all. I will be sending an email or posting to their blogs in very short order. All we ask is that upon receiving this award you give thanks and link the person who sent you this award; also list seven things about yourself (we want to get to know you better) and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers and/or followers. Again, thank you to Lee Ann!
Until next time,