Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Little Pot of Gold!!

Saint Patrick's Day is just around the corner.  My Mom's birthday is on that day also.  Even though I have some Irish in me from my Dad's heritage, St. Patrick's Day plays second fiddle to my Mom.  But, for all you celebrating the traditional holiday, I decided to do a little goody just for you. These would be great to give to your child's teacher, guests (if you're having a Patty Day party), or even your favorite bartender that's serving you that green beer. The only candy I had around the house was some Hershey Nuggets but these would be great with a bag of chocolate coins.


I will have a link below for you to download the free SVG or MTC file. I hope you enjoy it!! If you download one or both of the files, I would really appreciate it if you would leave me a comment.  Even if you don't download it, I would love to hear your feekback on my little pot of gold.

Here's how I did mine but feel free to get creative with yours!

When you open your file you will notice several dotted lines on the box portion of the design. These are the score lines. Place a strong adhesive on the tabs that fold in. I used my ATG gun. You will attach these adhesive covered tabs to the back of the pot in just a bit.
The pot was cut out with grey cardstock and then slightly sponged with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
The coins were cut out of mustard yellow cardstock. I used an ochre Marvy marker to edge all the coins. I attached the coins to the black triangle, starting at the top and overlapping as I went down the triangle (1 coin at top, 2 coins on the next row down, 3 on next down and 4 on bottom row). You will have quite a bit of the triangle left over. I placed ATG adhesive on that area and attached it to the backside of the pot with the coins going up through the opening of the pot.
I then attached the pot to the box. 
I used gold glitter glue to embellish the coins.
The shamrock was cut out of green cardstock and embellished with green stickles.
I used Black Diamond Stickles to outline the pot.

I hope you like it and have a safe and festive St. Patrick's Day.
Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you!!

Pot of Gold - SVG File
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymzoyjuyhmq

Pot of Gold - MTC File
http://www.mediafire.com/?wjokutz3ykz

Until next time,
Happy Crafting!!
Sabra

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

This is just too cute! You are so creative!!!!

Becky said...

Love this little box--FTS
Hugs
Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh Sabra...that is SO cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabra! Congrats on starting your blog. I'd never guess that you're new to this. I just got my cut program last week so I'm just starting out as well. The pot of gold and bunny are just adorable. Thanks for your kindness in sharing these files with others.

Cathie in UT said...

Sabra (what a pretty name) love your blog and sometimes our children are just the best! Go ahead and brag! LOL
saved the little St Pat's day treat box and hope to get some made for my Gr'son's preschool friends